ASL Comedy Fundraiser March 6th, 2021 – 7 PM EST
We have several well-known ASL performers who will be sharing the Zoom stage for our Signs of Hope International fundraiser. They’ll share stories from their solo acts, along with their experiences with education. Each performer is donating their time for the cause; in return, please check out their websites for future bookings and fundraisers! We appreciate their spirit of giving and sharing, and we hope you will support our show and make a donation. All monies raised go to Signs of Hope International.
Here is our plan:
1. We are creating a partial and full scholarship fund for d/Deaf students whose parents cannot afford the required supplies for their child to attend. 2. Work with the administration and local volunteers to set up a sustainable infrastructure of ASL training for the teachers, as well as ongoing support for the education of the students. This includes partnering with highly-qualified Deaf teachers, mentors, and interpreters to travel to Ghana to provide the best possible training for the local teachers. 3. While in Ghana, we will work with administrators on maintenance of projects previously supported by Sign of Hope International. This is a HUGE undertaking and a very necessary one.
Fundraising Goal: $100,000
- Scholarships supporting 100-150 students = $30,000
- Curriculum for the teacher = $10,000
- Travel $2500 per person x 10 = $25,000
- Maintenance – Playground repair and new computers = $35,000