The mission of Signs of Hope International (SOHI) is to provide an education for every Deaf child in Ghana, West Africa.
We envision a world in which every Deaf child receives equal access to a quality education, giving them the tools they need to succeed.
The mission of SOHI is threefold:
- To provide deaf students with the supplies and financial support they need to be able to attend school
- To provide training and sign language instruction for teachers working with Deaf children
- To provide service-minded Deaf individuals and interpreters with a meaningful international volunteer experience
Signs of Hope International (SOHI) is a registered 501(c)(3) charitable organization. We are 100% volunteer-run; not a single person in our organization receives financial compensation for the work they do. Our Executive Director, Board of Directors, social media team, and coordinators are all volunteers. Why? Because we care. And that’s enough for us.
Where Your Donation Goes:
If you choose to donate to SOHI, your donation goes directly to the students we serve. Here are the things we fund:
- Scholarship funds to pay for supplies and financial support for students whose families can’t afford to send them to school
- Training curriculums and materials for the teachers
- Partial sponsorship for highly-qualified Deaf teachers, mentors, and interpreters to travel to Ghana in order to provide the best possible training for local teachers. These Deaf teachers and interpreters are volunteers; your donation helps cover a portion of travel and living expenses during their two-month volunteer trips at the schools in Ghana.
- Work with Administrators and local volunteers on maintenance of projects previously supported by Sign of Hope International.
Fundraising Goal: $100,000
- Scholarships supporting 100-150 students =$30,000
- Curriculum for the teacher $10,000
- Travel $2500 per person x 10 = $25,000
- Maintenance – Playground repair and new computers = $35,000
Please consider becoming a perpetual donor of Signs of Hope International and start making a difference for children who are DEAF today.
Director – Signs of Hope International